4th of July parade

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Is there a 4th of July parade this year in the 4042 area? Thanks

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Heard last night that they are having trouble raising money to have fireworks this year. Not sure how true that is, just what I heard last night at a local restaurant.

3. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Thanks...I am sure its expense to have fireworks..Hope they can find a way.

4. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

Who's in charge of it? It'd be a shame if they didn't have it. They need to start a gofundme page for it. I'd give $10 for it.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

They did a deal I thought taking donations towards fireworks a couple years ago.. they always try to raise what they can but in the end there are those (anonymously) I might add , who have made certain that the fireworks will live on.. a huge kudos for that from me every year for sure. Time will tell though and it's running out also.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celebrate-Cleveland/303218776437182?id=303218776437182&sk=info

They just posted an update yesterday.

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Denton and Jane Lee are the Grand Marshalls :)

9. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Not a parade, but...

Town of Benson has the following events scheduled and the fireworks are usually pretty good!

July 4th Celebration
    Join the Town of Benson for a 4th of July Celebration on 7/4 in the Benson Singing Grove. Festivities will begin at 3pm with opening ceremonies and entertainment from the band Lawless, the Cross County Scuffers and the band The Attractions. There will be classic cars on display and you can enjoy a variety of refreshments as well. Fireworks will begin at 9pm on Hwy 301 near Carlie C's IGA.

When
    Fri Jul 4, 2014 3pm – 9pm Eastern Time

Where
    Benson Singing Grove

Personally, I have never been up to the singing grove for the entertainment, so can't tell you abut that. I will be making my annual trek thru town to my friend's business, Benson Flea Market Mall, on Hwy. 301 just past Carlie C's. I take hot dogs and fixin's and we watch the fireworks from there every year. It has become quite the tradition. :) She will be open until time for fireworks!

10. fireworks

fireworks Active Member

Celebrate Cleveland Fireworks

Celebrate Cleveland is a group of volunteers that organizes the events each year. They solicit funds from individuals and business to pay the cost. But to shorten this reply and put it in perspective, each minute of show cost approximately $500.00. Or $125 per 15 seconds. We have always had one of the best community days and shows for the value. Any amount you can donate will help, get your friends, neighbors or subdivisions to join and help the cost. Send $$$ to Cookie Pope as stated in previous post.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I hope we still have the parade tomorrow

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

LOL, Oh yeah.. it's on