50 Acres for Possible 83 Home Sites -@ 42/70 Bypass

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Tract of land on the market in Johnston County for development - quick jump onto the bypass and close to Johnston Health (and Sheetz!)

nc42_70_bypass.png

Rockyv58 and jesse82nc like this.
  2. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out why land for sale is news, and fits the Forum rather than Classified. Of course, it was posted by Webbie, guess he can do what he wants.
    I have 13 Acres for sale in that general vicinity. How about helping me sell mine???

BuzzMyMonkey and Hught like this.
  3. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Guess I look at it a little differently. First, I'm not involved in selling the land, so putting it in the Classifieds wouldn't be appropriate - I'm not a real estate broker, nor do I play one on TV. The reason I see it as news is that the area is being marketed specifically for development as a subdivision - which will be the likely outcome. A high density residential area on a high traffic road (42) right at a bypass is likely to be of interest to the population in that area, since it will no doubt have an effect on them. For 15 years we have reported about new businesses, rumors (Six Flags) and various other developments in growing Johnston County, and that information tends to generate the most attention and discussion. In a nutshell, that is the reasoning behind this post.

Now as for your land for sale, we'd be happy to help out....have you posted it in the Classifieds? ;) And if you don't have it listed, I can definitely put you in touch with more than one great Johnston County real estate agent!

bridgett, WadeCorbett and jesse82nc like this.
  4. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

83 homes on 50 acres is not exactly high density. It's just another tract of land for sell in the 42/70 area, and I have to assume there are plenty.
    As for selling mine, let's see if this little blurb has any effect. Who knows, maybe a developer will see this and have an interest in my more reasonably priced land with a heck of a lot more road frontage. ;)

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It's high density for the area, average home lot would be well under half an acre. My neighborhood is 75 homes on 175 acres, average home lot is well over an acre.

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

if it bothered me, i'd just buy it grow unicorns

dgsatman likes this.
  7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

As it happens, a friend of mine rents the land right now to use as a cross country course for her horse riding school. So once this land sells, she will no longer be able to use the land. So this does affect people in the area.

bridgett likes this.