75 cats? Is she CRAZY???

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ready2cmyKing, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I'm sure you all heard about the "rescue" woman who had 75 cats in her house. The neighbor said she couldn't sit outside on her deck because of the odor coming from the cat house! GROSS! In case you didn't hear, here is a link...

http://www.wral.com/news/4090560/detail.html

Here is an update on that...

http://www.wral.com/news/4104522/detail.html

What would possess a woman to think she could possibly care for so many cats? Can you imagine how much the vet bills would run? Nuts.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If she even took them to the vet :?

3. ready2cmyKing

My point exactly. It was over $100 for my dog to have his yearly boosters yesterday. Even if given a multi-cat discount, I can't imagine the cost of taking that many cats to the vet.

4. LemonDrops

LemonDrops Guest

No, she is not nuts. Her heart is just big.
    Look at the pictures, the cats are sitting on pillows.
    Animal Control IS NOT pressing charges. Did you know that??
    She was rescuing cats that were thrown away or in the process of getting killed. She got over her head, she couldn't find them all homes.

You would call her nuts, you don't have a sensitive bone in your body!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Well-Known Member

well then tell us.........how can anyone in their right mind think that they can take care of 75 cats in their home and think it is sanitary? I mean, the food alone would cost a fortune.

6. ready2cmyKing

My bones might not be very sensitive, but my nose sure is!

"The urine has soaked through the floors and into the ceilings and started to soak into the walls..."

GROSS! & NUTS!

7. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

Hoarders are sick

The woman's motivation, while appearing noble, is irrelevant. Animal hoarding is a symptom of mental illness. It is viewed by the psychiatric community as a subtype of obsessive-compulsive disorder with a poor prognosis. For more information, see www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding/index.html