75 million Americans under threat of severe weather

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Apr 29, 2014.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Stay safe everyone.

Sherry

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/29/us/severe-weather/

The scope is staggering. Some 75 million Americans are under threat of severe weather on Tuesday.

People from the Great Lakes to the Gulf Coast, and from the Midwest to the East Coast, are advised to keep their eyes to the sky and their ears to the radio. That's a third of the country.

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

3. Sherry A.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

We interrupt this weather forecast for...

And you know the Republicans will blame the severe weather on Obama.

& now back to our weather thread....... :)

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

6. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Take your partisan ignorance to the political thread.

7. Rockyv58

:iagree:

Ditto :(

8. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

And the democrats will blame it on the Koch Brothers, House Speaker Boehner and Fox News. :jester:

9. Rockyv58

I would if I could, but I can't so I won't :)
    Speaking of ignorance have you glanced in the mirror lately?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  10. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

11. C me Now BMM

I said thread not pit. There is an ongoing political thread right now. Typical liberal speak though. " I can't ".

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

13. Sherry A.

14. Sherry A.

Please stop with the political stuff. This weather stuff is pretty serious right now. I know last Friday I had a very hard time driving in the storm and this one is supposed to be as bad or worse.

Sherry

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

:hurray::iagree: Thanks for figuring out the link info. Another facebook site I watch is WXeastern.

16. C me Now BMM

Oh I look many times thru out the day and gotta say God out did himself with the beauty he created.

It was ignorant to politicize this thread.

Carry on.

17. Sherry A.

It is horrible in Raleigh right now. I have been thinking about all my friends in Alabama and Florida. Everyone please stay safe.

Sherry

18. Sherry A.

Stay safe.

Sherry

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/30/us/severe-weather/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

More than a foot of rain causes flooding in Florida, Alabama

Torrential rain in southeastern Alabama and the Florida Panhandle washed out bridges, sent chest-high water into homes and forced two major military bases to shut down Wednesday. At least one person died, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

"Last night was like a hurricane and tornado all in one," said CNN iReporter Steve Olensky of Perdido Key, Florida, whose 22-foot boat vanished in the storm. "It was blowing and blowing, the rain was coming. It was just incredible. We've been through (hurricanes) Ivan and Katrina, and we've never seen anything like this."

Severe thunderstorms may roar across the southeastern United States again Wednesday, bringing with them a slight risk of hail, damaging winds and tornadoes.

About 37 million people are at risk in places like Jacksonville, Florida; Charlotte, North Carolina; Virginia Beach; Raleigh, North Carolina; and Atlanta, the National Weather Service said.

19. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member