(876) scam...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ksokol22, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

If you or someone you know gets a call from area code 876, IT IS A SCAM. This is a Jamaican number. They call you to inform you that you have won a lottery. They also want money from you in return. They target the elderly. If you get a call from an 876 number, please call your local authorities. PLEASE do not fall for this scam. I know someone personally who fell victim to this scam.

2. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

Also, they call from a private number.

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I haven't had this type of call, but I have had others from the timeshare buyout places and stuff like that, that come up as local numbers/people names. Once time I called the number back out of curiousity and when the lady (sounded like an older lady) answered I asked if she'd called me, she sounded geniunely surprised - I explained to her what had happened, that her name and number came up on caller id, from this company. Needless to say they were kinda upset and confused - unfortunately I didn't get the name of the company as I hungup on the recording........and recently I had a similar thing happen, so that time I did write down the name of the company and the person's name & number that displayed. When I called the number back though, no one answered.