A place to rent for a meeting?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Savealot, May 30, 2010.

1. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm looking for an indoor meeting place for a 1x meeting of about 35 - 40 adults/kids. Anyone know of anyplace? thanks!

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Hotels often have rentable meeting rooms. Libraries sometimes have such rooms, too.

3. thewildmom

thewildmom Well-Known Member

The bowling alley in Clayton used to rent meeting rooms too. You might check with them.

4. below14thdesigns

below14thdesigns Well-Known Member

on a similar note...does anyone know of any store fronts downtown that can be rented for the day. For an event?

5. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

I just joined the other day ... but one of the room they showed me during the tour of the Smithfield Aquatics & Rec Center was a meeting room that could be rented out. I don't know if you have to be a member to rent it ... or what the cost of the room is ... but they do have nice, new facilities.

6. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

depending on what kind of gathering you are having the meeting room at the nature center at the whitetail deer park in garner would be nice. its all glass in a wooded setting. its made of recycled material from an old homestead from somewhere on the property and building materials all local. nice play area. also made from recycled stuff. just a beautiful facility. ill see if i can find a picture.
    http://www.ci.garner.nc.us/Departments/Parks%20and%20Recreation/Facilities.aspx?ID=31

DB's wife

scroll down on the link...the pic on that site doesnt do the bulding justice because the glass meeting room is on the back with a deck that overlooks the walking trail.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

here is another good description of the whitetail deer nature center and surrounding park.
    Garner’s newest 96-acre park and 2500 sq. ft. Nature Center showcases many environmentally friendly systems and features. The Park and Nature Center offers interpretative exhibits and offers live programs about the surrounding natural habitat and the need to protect the environment. The Nature Center’s deck area provides an additional 1100 sq. ft. of teaching and learning space, and overlooks the park and wetland areas below. The Park’s Nature Center and deck is available for renting, along with the five picnic shelters located throughout the park. Park visitors enjoy walking along the paved trails throughout the park, exploring and enjoying the nature and beauty that surrounds them. Children of all ages can enjoy the two playgrounds located within White Deer Park. A traditional playground is available with swings and structures to climb, with open fields nearby where you can run and play. The second natural playground, was constructed entirely by hand and uses rhododendron and locust wood. It provides children the opportunity to climb on boulders, to play in sand- and water-filled areas and make their own fun. Children enjoy climbing on the rock formations and hills, crawling through tunnels, and exploring the “sky chamber,” which is a fun play area cut into the hillside that can serve the child’s imagination as a fort or castle. Natural log seesaws provide a great ride for play partners and water play is always a hit when kids interact with the hand pump that sends water from the cistern, where rainwater it is collected, down to a river basin area where splashing and frolicking take place. The Park’s mission is to educate and help others understand the importance of nature preservation. Come have fun at White Deer Park and experience animals and plants in their natural habitat and joy and simple pleasures that nature provides.

8. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

I have a 2400 square foot Ballroom dance studio in downtown Clayton for rent.... it also has a full kitchen.

www.dpmstudios.com