A shout out for Caribbean Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bissielizzie, Aug 17, 2014.

1. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

We found this place a few months ago when we went to get some electrical supplies at Womack on 42. If you like Gelato and fruit flavors you need to try Hyacinth's ice cream it's so rich and the fruit flavors are true and not overly sweet. And we stumbled onto it in the freezer case at the Lowe's Food on 42/50, awesome.
    I know a shameless plug, we are foodie's and can't help sharing our food finds.

2. jbarrow0811

jbarrow0811 Well-Known Member

Okay where exactly is this? lol I don't know where womack is. I am at 40/42 cornwallis/white oak. I just read the article online in the news and observer and it sounds great! Sad its not open on weekends though.

3. bissielizzie

Their address is 914 Hwy 42. It's called Caribbean Royale Ice Cream.
    Take 42 towards Clayton go past the hospital, it will be on the left not far from Ray's pizza or the DMV. I think there is/was a Salon "Elizabeth & Co" in the same plaza.
    The end space used to be the Papa John's before it moved to 42/50 and then it was the Williams Family Ice Cream location.
    We have also found the ice cream in pints at the Lowes Food at 42/50.
    Our other two more "traditional ice cream places" are Porter's on 42 towards FQ next to Ogburn Landscaping.
    And Country Folks Creamery in Clayton on Main Street across from Jones Restaurant.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I think I've seen them at the Lowes Food in Clayton too. I haven't tried them yet though.

5. bissielizzie

It's really dense and not overly sweet. It reminds of us of gelato.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

7. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

8. bissielizzie

We like Sunnis too, but it's a hike for us.