Abandoned vehicle

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Pwoods, May 11, 2012.

1. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

Anyone know who to call about an abandoned vehicle in the street? This is a residential cul-de-sac where this seems to happen a lot, but this particular car has not been dealt with (owners have not fixed it or had it towed yet). It gets in the way of the postman and trash truck.

I called the Sheriffs office, but they said they do not tow cars. I always thought the police force 'stickered' abandoned vehicles and then a wrecking company would come get them at the owner's cost. The Sheriff's office is planning on sending someone out to check on it.

2. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I don't know about the street but I called the county once about my neighbors junk car in the driveway--has not moved on over 3 years-no tag--flat tires--and I was told that in Johnston County each residence is allowed one junk car!

3. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

AND
    cars 25 years & older
    You can keep as many as you want... they are considered "VINTAGE".

4. TheSantaFeMan

TheSantaFeMan Active Member

Same problem

Not sure it'll help but it is funny. We had the same problem when we lived in an apartment in Raleigh. Abandoned Jeep had been sitting there for 2 months. After the third call to the manager they said they couldn't do anything unless it was blocking the entrance. I said thanks, walked out to the Jeep, popped it in neutral and released the hand brake. It came to rest dead center of the entrance......... It was towed in less than 10 minutes. Roll it into the middle of the street and then call the sheriff or sell it to the "we buy junk vehicles with no titles" guys on Craigslist and have a block party with the cash :)

5. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

i'll take it! i need a second vehicle. if someone wants to leave it, and it still runs, i'd be glad to have it.

Having 2 vehicles totaled in 4 months time (two separate reasons) is a huge kill to your finances. and getting rides is getting old.