? about GCAA softball

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Feb 26, 2011.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

My daughter is wanting to get involved, and I know that time to register is running out.....I have a couple questions though as she just brought home the paper the school gave her the other day.

1. Can she attend just the Camp? or does she have to be registered to play in order to attend the camp? (just going off of the practice dates set on the online site and the paper she brought home)

2. what is the cost for the season, as I cannot find it listed anywhere on the GCAA website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially that from other parents of softball girls.

2. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Yes, anyone can attend. Registration is $75, which includes their shirt, socks, gear use, fields, balls, etc. I think we had to buy cleats and a glove (my daughter loves it, so we have since invested in a lot of additional gear.)

3. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

The assessments are this Monday. I was told to buy a glove and maybe a helmet, but they already have some helmets. We ended up buy a tee ball glove because my daughter's hand is so small. I hope that's ok. :? I'll buy her a helmet too sometime next week. I hope she likes it. She's never played softball before.

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I think we're gonna just attend the camp this season and see what happens....with my work schedule the way it is, I won't be able to attend many if any games or practices.

Thanks for your help, maybe next season (Fall?) she'll have more of a support system in place to get her to and from games.