Accident on Hwy 50 @ S. Pleasant Coates Rd.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MamaApe, Apr 19, 2009.

1. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

We passed a really bad accident today involving a truck & dirt bike on Hwy 50. We are praying for the victims of this accident & hope all are okay. It looked to be a teenager on the dirtbike and there were no signs of a helmet :(

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Please keep this family in your prayers.

3. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Tonight at revival the pastor told us that the boy was in critical condition. Please continue to pray for this family.

4. mommy3

mommy3 Well-Known Member

Brandon Spence passed away around 1 am. This was a horrible accident. Please pray for all involved....family, friends and the poor man that hit him. Brandon was an 8th grader at McGees.

5. seabee

seabee Guest

Life is often so short that we all tend to take it for granted.. Prayers go out for this horrific tragedy...:grouphug::grouphug:

6. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

OH no how sad and so young! My thoughts and prayers for the family's.
    Sheri

7. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

Prayers to all involved. So young and so sad. :grouphug:

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! This is awful!

9. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Wish I would have seen this before my son left for school. He is in the 8th grade at McGees. Would have liked to talked to him about this before hearing it at school. :(

Thoughts and prayers go out to this family.

10. My daughter is in the 8th grade at McGees and knew Brandon. My prayers go out to the Spence family. She will be attending the funeral and if anybody needs a ride, I would be more than happy to help out.

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with this family. I cannot imagine what they must be going thru. I pray that God will give them peace.

12. moveemonbackref

moveemonbackref New Member

My son is in the 8th grade at McGees as well and knows Brandon. We will all be praying for strength and peace for his family. I can not imagine what they must be going through. Life is so precious. Wish I had known before school...

13. macy

macy Well-Known Member

accident on hwy 50 @ s pleasant coats rd

my grandson played baseball with this young man. we are so sad. many prayers to this family.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Will someone post the service arrangements when they are know please?

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

this is the 2nd tragedy for this school in a matter of days, especially the 8th grade. Another 8th grader, lost his mother to cancer on Thursday of last week. So sad. Pray for all the children, the families and the teachers too.

16. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

This is so sad. I will keep them all in my prayers.

17. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Prayers for the family and loved ones. :cry:

18. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

this is horrible and makes me so very sad! wish i had hugged my boys a little tighter this morning.....

thoughts and many prayers to all families, including our school family at mcgees middle.

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

From news & observer website:

14-year-old dies after wreck on dirt bike

Staff Reports
    Published: Mon, Apr. 20, 2009 10:44AM

Modified Mon, Apr. 20, 2009 10:47AM

A 14-year-old boy has died from injuries he received Sunday afternoon when he drove an off-road motorcycle into the path of a pickup truck in Johnston County.
    The state Highway Patrol did not immediately release the child's name, but patrol Sgt. C.A. White this morning confirmed the death. White said the pickup driver will not be charged.
    The accident took place Sunday afternoon when the boy drove onto N.C. 50 from a private driveway near Pleasant Coats Road, near McGees Crossroad, White said.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

How awful, prayers are with the family and the driver:cry: