Airline question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Mar 5, 2013.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I'm not a seasoned traveler - so I have a question for those who are:
    My son is supposed to fly out in the morning from RDU to Chicago, then onto Seattle. So with this storm hitting Chicago today - is there anything we can do ahead of time to change his flight? If so, wouldn't there be a fee? what happens in these situations? I haven't tried calling the airline, hoping for some real-life suggestions! TIA!! :)

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you can change it. Just call. Depending on the airline, there may or may not be a fee. It's really no big deal. You may even be able to do it online, from the airlines website.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep change fees are usually waved, but you might already be to late. Call now!

I am up here again and over 1000 flights have already been cancelled.

4. bandmom

THanks guys! he called and got a flight thru Dallas instead, at no charge :hurray: only bad part now DH has to take him to the airport at 4:30am instead of 6:30am...... glad it's him taking him and not me! :)

5. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

I got into Chicago from RDU at 11:30am today, we were told on the way up here that anyone with a connecting flight would probably be re-routed.

I'm here till Friday, so no bother to me, just watching it snow.

6. bandmom

Yeah, I was just afraid he'd get stuck somewhere! he's headed out to Seattle to visit his cousin and go snowboarding, comes back on Sun - just didn't want him to miss-out on any of his short vacation, he's been saving and waiting for this for a long time!
    Hope you survive okay!

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually both air wise and road wise things are pretty much back to normal. The 9" they got was more than they had all last year.

8. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

That can probably be said for a lot of women up there too.

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member