All About Me

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by grandma4, Apr 3, 2010.

1. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

Anyone gone here? They used to be in the Walmart plaza but have moved over by BB & T bank. Is suppose to be for tweens and smaller girls to get pampered a little but what a rip-off. Sorry I paid for it, but won't be back. any opinions out there?(these were gift certificates that were used from birthdays).

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

http://www.allaboutmegirlspa.com/

On their site they advertise for tweens and teens... I think it would be suitable for maybe a 13 or 14 yo....maybe 12? ( I have major gaps in my memory as a child so I can't say at what age I would have enjoyed it.) From the pics on their site it looks like it wouldn't be much fun for smaller kids.

One thing that did bother me though was the pic of the young girls giving the hand signs. The girl on the right (11 or 12 maybe?) is giving the "shocker" hand gesture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_(hand_gesture)

I think the owners need to do a little more homework.

3. cece

cece Well-Known Member

It's a cute idea but the last time we were there (been a very long time ago) didn't feel that the staff was being treated well. In my humble opinion, if you don't treat your staff well the rest will suffer.

I did look at the picture mentioned above - it looks to me as if they are attempting to show a peace sign.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Took my youngest there with some of her friends last year for her 11th birthday. They loved it.

5. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  6. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

last year I took my 5 yr old, her 11 yr old step-sister, and her 8 yr old cousin there and they all loved it. I have no complaints.

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I would just like to mention....No one has taken me. Or even offered. I am a good play date.:grouphug:

8. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

I'll send you an invite to my 5 yr old's 6th bday party then! LOL You can have your toenails done bright pink with pretty blue dots!:lol:

9. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Promise? DOn't tease me! :mrgreen: