Allegiant Air

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Has anyone flown via Alligient Air? Wondering if the fares are to good to be true.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I haven't, do they fly out of RDU?

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Never heard of them but now you have me curious. We'll have to fly in 2010 & always keep our options open. Haven't heard anything about this airlines. And usually, you'll hear the bad before anything. So great we haven't heard of them.

4. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

They fly out of Wilmington and Greensboro. Limited flights ... I think only to FL from NC. I see flights as low as $30 each way. However, there are fees for luggage ... looks like $15-$35 ...fee is dependent if you pay for luggage at time of booking or at the airport.

5. lightningmcqueen

lightningmcqueen Well-Known Member

We flew from NY to FL about 5 years ago on Allegiant. It was fine. Actually nice because the smaller airports are quiet and quick to get through security. I'm all about cheap flights!

6. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

30 Bucks? Dang!

Reckon they might have to dust a couple crops or something along the way to fly that cheap?

7. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

At one time they were flying out of Fayetteveille, but I think the stopped. keep in mind if you are headed to Orland, they actyually fly into the Sanford airport, not the big airport. If you are headed to Diseny and staying onsite, Magical Express (free bus from airport for onsite guests) does not run to/from that airport.

That being said, lots of people post on the various Disney boards about flying on them w/ no problems. Is taht the one where the first certain number of seats cost a certain price, then they go up after that?

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

thanks you guys, #2 son and family have to fly to FL in Jan to DIL's brother's wedding, just called her about this airline:hurray:

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member