alterations/zippers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ImTheNormal0ne, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

does anyone know of somewhere to take a pair of jeans to get the zipper replaced? my fav pair jeans zipper busted today :(

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have taken three things to have zippers put in them (pair of jeans, book bag and a tote) and used the cleaners up there at 42 by American Hero, in that little strip shopping center. Where the golf carts are parked out front....

3. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I have also used these people. they do a great job and they dont charge you an arm for their work. Just a Pinky finger. some thing that just ain't used any way. LOL. They do great work and fix Just about anything. The one out on 50 by the Laundry mat does this also.

4. KellBell

I don't know why this is for me, but I trust an asian seamstress/dry cleaner more than any other. I guess I have always had outstanding service from them over the years. I am so glad they are up there, this area desperately needed a good dry-cleaner and seamstress.

5. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

For the tote, were they replacing a zipper or just adding it? I ask because: I just bought a new purse that I love, but it just has a magnetic snap, so if it fell upside down, all the stuff would fall out. I would LOVE to add a zipper to the inside. It's very hard for me to find a fashionalbe purse I like and can use (has to be big but it also needs a crossbody strap).

6. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Hours of business

Does anyone know the name of the business or hours of operation. I need to get a zipper replaced in a pair of my son's favorite jeans! Thanks!

7. KellBell

The name of the place is "Service Cleaners" but I can't find a number for them. I have been there as late as 7....

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

329-8111 according to Google

9. KellBell

they fixed an existing zipper on a book bag.

10. KellBell

I googled and only got maid services....funny how that is.

11. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Go to wally world and grab some velcro from the arts/crafts... sew it on an your cut-off jean shorts will be good as new.

Note: don't take this advice if the zipper is in the back of the britches.

That's a freebie from Uncle Rich!