Am i too Southern?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Apr 13, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Just wondering if maybe i am too Southern or just too old school. Received a "nice to meet you" note from another new business acquaintance which was really nice of him to do but it was obvious due to the 2 different hand writings that he had someone else write it and then just signed his name. To me, this just does not seem right, am i being too old school or was i just raised too Southern to expect the person sending me the handwritten note to make a point, to have actually written it themselves?

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

That's a lot to read. Is "Just too old" one of the options?

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

handwritten what???

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it was a handwritten thank you note basically thanking me for taking the time to talk with them at a function and wanting to possibly meet again to discuss our businesses. We receive them and send them out quite often ourselves but don't have someone else write it and then just sign our names.

5. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

to Southern, NEVER.. a little picky maybe ;)

I get what your saying but when I did admin work I use to write notes like that and my boss would sign them, especially when we had so many to do.. Now if the said company was only sending out a few then yea he/she should have wrote them!

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

nope this is not a mass mailing, i know what you mean about that but this is like a personal note sent to just a few people.

7. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

gotcha, then yea he should have wrote the note himself, it would make him look better in my opinion!

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

too old is correct

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:twisted::twisted::twisted::jester:

10. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Speaking of thank you notes.. over the course of this year, we sent checks to several of my DH's nieces who got married. Is this something new, or has anyone else ever gotten a thank you card with a photo of the lovely couple holding a sign saying "THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT!" No personal note, no mention of what the gift was...nuttin. It blew me away. Le tacky!

11. steve

steve Well-Known Member

certainly you have too many manners to be on 4042.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol: my manners are the only thing that have kept me on here, without them i would have said many a thing deserving of being banned:lol:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, that's tacky, LOL. But I guess it's better than no acknowledgement whatsoever. We sent DH's neice a nice check for her wedding and didn't even get a note, a KMA or nothing. I know her momma didn't raise her right though. 8)

14. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I gotta go with Don'tCare and CL........TOO OLD

:jester:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

old enough to know better but too young to resist kicking your bum:lol:

16. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

:iagree: Tacky thank you notes and NO thank you notes are a huge pet peeve of mine. I think of the last 4 weddings I've attended, we receivied one thank you note. It's sad really. I guess some people aren't taught anymore that it's important. I make my kids write thank you notes when my parents or someone does something special for them. I think it's a good thing to grow up seeing how important it is to be appreciative. I'm not that old (in my mid-30's):lol:. I just believe it's good manners to say thank you or to not have someone else write a note that's not mass mail. Btw,The next tackiest thank you note is a mass "thank you" e-mail. :banghead:

17. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

I am not too fond of the little 1/4 pieces of paper with a typed and reproduced thank you note rolled up in a little scroll tied with crinkle ribbon to be picked up from a basket as you leave the ceremony..

I guess that is better than nothing at all.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

How about the ones that want you to address your own envelope when you are AT the shower!! So lazy!

19. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

seriously? that is way tacky and lay-zy! :shock:

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I have not seen those before - is that a 'thank you' for attending the wedding or for the gift? If its just for attending the wedding, then I don't have a problem w/ it - but if its for attending and whatever gift you brought - then thats tacky!