Amazon Alexa or Google Home?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Sep 15, 2020.

?

Do you use a voice assistant in your home?

1. Amazon Alexa

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Google Home

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Seeing more and more development in the area of voice assistants, so curious as to how many are using one (or more) and for what?

2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It is the child in me but I used to like requesting Alexa to fart, and she did with a variety, last year they wanted me to buy a package of fart sounds, and I was too cheap to buy it.

Not as fun asking her to fart in other folks homes anymore.

Stinger2019 likes this.
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Both. Alexa in the kitchen and Google in the bathrooms. When I made the choice Google could call out and Alexa could not, so any fall in the bathroom could have been followed by a call for help if needed. Alexa does the shopping lists and both play music although Amazon Prime gives better music choices.

Hught likes this.
  5. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

6. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Orwell warned us about this, so...no, none, never.

poppin cork and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  7. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

We use Alexa to turn lights on/off and to play music in different rooms. Not a life changer but simplifies some task.

8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

9. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

I literally got one for free and have not taken it out of the box.

poppin cork likes this.
  10. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

We use Alexa for smart home devices and listening to music. I was using a samsung smartthings for a hub, but we just use Alexa app now for smart hub. My google pixel phone has some of the same skills as Google Nest so I can say that Google can answer questions more in depth.

11. Stinger2019

Stinger2019 Well-Known Member

I received an Alexa as a gift from a family member. I didn't want it so I waited a respectable amount of time and then told the person that I couldn't figure it out and gave it back.