American Homes 4 Rent

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Lolly42, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience with selling a property to this company? Or similar companies?

2. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

If you are thinking of selling a property to a rental company, I would doubt if you will get as much money for your home.

3. Lolly42

Lolly42 Well-Known Member

Have you had dealings with this company? We know they offer less than market value but wondered how value is calculated.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

If it's to good to be true it usually is. I don't trust anyone I can't see two feet in front of me.

5. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

Hard to tell someone who needs money to not do something to make money, however if you look around the various neighborhoods, you will see homes here and there bought by, and rented out by American homes for Rent, etc. This, and companies like it , many with Chinese investors, took advantage of the depressed real estate markets in cities around the US the past few years, and what they've done is to turn your nice neighborhood into a patchwork network of rental homes. This will do nothing but devalue the homes in the neighborhood, especially with so many neighborhoods around here not having HOAs. If you want to sell your house to a publicly-traded company with investors in China, Russia, and who knows where else, devalue the neighborhood and bring in people who want to park 5 cars in the back yard next to a $220,000 neighbor's house, go ahead.

Personally, I think these companies are the equivalent of opportunistic scum, and will do long-term harm to single-family homeowners

6. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

rental houses have "devalued" homes in several nice subdivisions in our area.

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Foreclosures will devalue them more.

8. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

I have a good friend that works for AH4R, its not the company that devalues the home... its typically the neighborhood is already devalued. AH4R does buy low and in numerous types of subdivisions. The good thing about them is they work fast to close on the home and typically the amount of rent for a home keeps the people who can't afford it out anyway. Now its not always roses and fields of daisies, you do get the crazies every once and a while. BUT in response to the person asking about selling your home, they are a company you could talk to about purchasing your home. There are requirements for the type of homes they will buy(garage, amount of rooms, age, etc) and they are going to offer close to pay off of your loan so if you are looking to make money then thats probably not the best route to go.

9. MelissaP

MelissaP New Member

If you are thinking of selling your home, please give me a call. I am a licensed Realtor at HomeTowne Realty and would love to talk to you about your real estate needs. I can be reached at melissa@myhtr.com or 919-720-3600. Thanks!

10. HA92812

HA92812 New Member

I rent in Clayton from a different national company, American Residential Properties, but they are the same deal. They have properties all over the nation, and they are based in Phoenix I believe. They have terrible reviews online though, and a lot of people seem to dislike what they are doing with the housing markets wherever they buy property.

We haven't had any issues with them so far, they actually replaced the house's AC unit when it stopped working which must have been expensive. We were moving back to NC from Fort Hood, TX so unfortunately we couldn't be too picky with who we rented from, especially with dogs.