Andy Griffith Dead

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by KellBell, Jul 3, 2012.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

so sad.

passed away in Manteo.

sad, sad, sad.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

He will be missed by many!!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Another good one gone. :cry:

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

very sad, RIP Andy Griffith.

:cry:

5. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

6. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Very sad.

I've been reading several obits and the all mention his comedy routine "What It Was Was Football". They all mention his stint on Broadway, and the movie "No Time For Sergeants". Of course they mention "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Matlock".

But I have yet to read an obit that mentions his starring role in my favourite show of his, "Salvage 1".

Perhaps the one bright note is that re-runs of this lost classic might be shown once more on Nick at Nite or TV Land (or The Hub).

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Sad, indeed. My kids used to watch it at home off and on, but really came to respect the show when their teacher for 8th grade NC History would show episodes now and then in class. Lots of good morals in those stories.

8. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Some of THE BEST LESSONS IN LIFE - learned from The Andy Griffith Show !!! 8)

9. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: :cry:

10. Wolfpack_CE

Wolfpack_CE Well-Known Member

Sad news

11. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Andy Taylor: [find Aunt Bee obviously "tiddly", then finding a 2/3 empty bottle of "Colonel Harvey's Elixir" in the hall closet] Well, it sure looks like she took the adult dose.

RIP

13. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

If you want to see Andy Griffith at his finest, watch the movie "A Face In The Crowd". When you watch it, think about how it could be about the Limbaughs, Hannitys, Schultz, Becks, etc of the world. Yet the movie was made in 1957.

TMC is showing it Friday morning at 1am, set your DVR!!

RIP Andy

14. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the last movie I saw starring Andy was "Play the Game".
    It's set in a retirement home, and his nephew shows him how to put 'the move' on the ladies there, lol! But it just kinda left a gross lasting impression of him.....:ack: