Angels Among Us & Cameron Jackson

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

I received this email from a good friend. Thought I'd share:

Kent, last year I worked with my cousin at G105's radiothon for Pediatric Brain Tumor research (Bob's Buddies) and I had the pleasure of meeting this little boy.

If any of you listened he was the kid who sang Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. Our phones lit up like Christmas trees when he did that!

His mom came in where we were taking pledges and sat beside me and started talking to me and my cousin, telling their story. I was blown away!

It was so hard for me to sit there and not cry as she talked. All I could do was thank God for my 2 healthy kids!!

The most touching part of my day that day was with about 2 hours left, his mom Leann walked over to me and handed me her credit card to make a pledge. This is a family who have obviously had to endure tremendous medical bills for his treatment yet she wanted to make sure she made a donation.

I couldn't even look at her as she knelt beside me. I took her card and info and just put my arm around her to give her a huge hug but the tears were flowing!

Yesterday I happened to see the story WTVD was doing on the Angels Among us walkathon for brain tumor research.

Cameron was highlighted because his cancer is back.

My heart just sank because this is one very special little boy! He is so full of life yet you can see the toll the treatment is taking on him. All I'm asking is that you read the story & watch the video on WTVD.

PLEASE pray for this family.

His mom told me that it was only by the grace of God that his tumor was even found the first time. They lived in GA and God led them to move to NC. They came without relatives, without a job, without a plan.

Right after they moved she got pregnant with Cameron and she said she knew it was God's plan to have them nearby Duke so he could be treated there.

- - - - - - - - - -

WTVD link: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7402697

2. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Our family's thoughts will go out to this family/person.

Kent....you are an angel in my mind.

Sherry