Another great adoption event!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ljk, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

The $17.76 Independence Day Adopt-a-thon:

When:
    Sunday, July 4, 2010 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm
    Monday, July 5, 2010 from 11:00am to 8:00pm at:

Where:
    The SPCA Curtis Dail Adoption Center
    200 Petfinder Lane (off Tyron Rd and Highway 70)
    Raleigh, NC 27603

http://www.spcawake.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Independence_Day_2010

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Good Luck!

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I so wish I wasn't unemployed or at least more financially stable. I would try to bring home another Tripod to keep Laila and Jese company.

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

" I will not go, I will not go." I have to repeat that or I'll go & end up w/ another dog. I could not go to this event and NOT end up w/ another dog. These are wonderful events. BTW, if you just go to look, you never know. My husband and I went to the fairgrounds over 12 years ago to "look around." Quite a few were selling puppies. There sat our sweet, black, furry fuzzball Bear. 12 years later & 125 lbs later, this dog was the BEST impulse decision we have ever made. We would love another dog as Aspen passed away almost 2 years ago. Just don't think Bear being this old we be able to adapt.

Go to this event everyone & do post pictures if any of you end up w/ another pet. The dogs are awesome at these events!

Stephanie--mom to 7

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I'm maxed out for animals.

Speaking to anyone that might be on the fence, there's a lot of advantages to a 'used' dog: you (usually) can avoid the potty training, chewing and generally neurotic behavior that goes along with puppyhood. Everyone loves puppies (and kittens!) but it's a transitional phase that only lasts a year or so.

Adopt and you will have a special bond forever - somehow, they know they've been rescued and will love you all the more for it.

Go take a look - what do you have to lose?

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

:iagree: We rescued our dog (lab/shepherd/husky mix) over 12 years ago when she was about 14 months old (was well trained, but her prior owners apparently dumped her on the side of the road when they found out she was pregnant), and she's been the BEST (well, most of the time :mrgreen:)!

7. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

There is one that I REALLY want...too bad I can't convince the not so better right now, "better half" that I need another dog....

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Too funny...I don't like cats but THAT would make me go in and get one, anyway!

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder if those cats have a Canadian accent eh?

11. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Awww. Post pics if anyone goes and gets a new pet! I got our cat from there a few months ago. He's fantastic! He can hold his own with our three dogs (two adopted from JCAPL) one and two years ago. We also had four chickens we started raising six weeks ago, but one of them met an untimely end today. We have three now. Apparently, they're not ready to be in their pen outdoors yet and one squeezed through the wire just about the time the three dogs came to see what was going on. It was too quick to catch. Sad day at our house...

But- good luck with the adoptions!

12. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

The adoption was held seven months ago... Hugh is bringing up old threads...

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

BUT NOW- The spca is having a 'name your own price event'-- You can adopt your new best friend AND name your own price! :):lol::lol::lol:

(shameless plug for the SPCA!)

14. Resident

Resident Well-Known Member

Um, oops. I should have read a little closer. Sorry about that.

15. nsanemom22

He does that... I see a "new" thread and I'm like, hey! That's interes... wait a minute, how the hell did I already post?! Then I see that it's two years old. Oh well... just more proof that my memory is absolutely shot.

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

nsane, click on the blue check box just to the left of the thread title and it will skip over all those that you already have read, or could have if you wished to, should freak you out a lot less! :mrgreen:

17. nsanemom22

HOW ' BOUT THAT!!! LOL! a magic check box!! That's neat! I never noticed that before. But... you know... with the memory issue, it's best that I reread ever so often just to keep up. lol

18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Because of all the damage done to the "Random Thoughts" thread it doesn't always work there, but it will everywhere else.