Another pipeline shutdown - possible price increase/shortages

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Nov 1, 2016.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I understand it was due to a track hoe rupturing the line (again). I am sure this wasn't some yahoo trying to dig his bunker for the next storm, but you should call before you dig. www.nc811.org This won't help folks in Alabama, but is a clear case why these services exist.

The last time this happened the prices weren't bad, but the lines were ridiculous.

3. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Just came to post this. They were using a trackhoe, and were actively working on the line itself, so it wasnt a yahoo (at least doing something else dumb).

They are saying this may be worse, as before it was 1 of 2 lines. This time both are shutdown.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Harvey I'm pretty certain they weren't out there digging without notification or locate . I know it does happen but like here if anyone is within range of Colonial pipeline they have a monitor there while excavating. Utilities have been hit many times even after locating and knowing where it is.
    I know also there's a highly sensitive easement up in the Mebane area that carries a communication cable I'm not sure the extent of where it runs but it's highly monitored for any type of activity around it.

6. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member