Anouncement

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Tit4Tat, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

I just wanted to brag a little. I was enrolled into school. This is a big step for me. I am kinda excited. I am taking surgical tech. (2 year associates) then I am going for my bachelor's. I am very nervous. I start April 11th.

Salary for this is 50 g's or higher. woooohoooooooo, no more working for crackers.

Does anyone have any experience in this? if so, I would love some comments.
    I would love to go into the labor and delivery part of this.

thanks for reading.

Anyone have any white lab coat scrubs that they can part with. I would love to "borrow" them.

2. Steve

Steve Guest

congratulations....that is a great step...

3. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Congrats on going back to school! It is a big step, and a big commitment in time and work. I hope you are not just doing it for the money, because I don't think money alone is sufficient motivation for the hard work and dedication it will take to do well. Heck, you could probably make 50K with a CDL, and that only takes a few weeks.

If this is something you really want to do, and you are prepared to give it the time and attention necessary, you will be well rewarded. Again, congratulations, and best of luck to you.

4. Tit4Tat

It is not just for the money. The money is just a plus, that is all. I want to better myself, educate myself more, I want to.

***nervous still*****

5. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Returning to school is surprisingly difficult. Congrat's and good luck to you.

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

T-I think that's awesome! Good for you!

DH is finishing up school in May, and then it's my turn.

I am very happy for you, hang in there and good luck!

7. Tit4Tat

surprisingly difficult

OMG, please explain. Maybe I am to old to learn:mrgreen:

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Congrats on the move, you are never too old to learn and in fact the more you use your brain the better it works. There are studies that show puzzles and mental exercise helps stave off mental decline. All you need is a positive attitude and the commitment and you will be fine. It will be different than school in the younger years, but it will be fine.

9. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I found the opposite to be true...going back to school as an adult was much easier than I thought it would be. I took it seriously and was more focused. Having some years behind me, many concepts came easier than when I was 19. Good luck to you and congrats!

10. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

T4T~

I just finished up last June. The difficult part was buckling down with a worklife, home life, etc now. When I was younger, I didn't have all that.

Hang in there, tho. It's definitely worth it!!

Frogger

11. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Congrats and best of luck. You can do it if you put your mind and heart into your studies and you will do great.

Ro :)

12. Ecugyrl

Ecugyrl Well-Known Member

Good luck to you. If you ever go to Mount Olive College, let me know, I am now faculty there and could help you out if you need it.

Good luck!

13. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

WTG!! very nice - study hard and do your best

14. Tit4Tat

Thank yall very much.

so, parf, are you a tooter or pooter.

15. MissyPrissy

MissyPrissy Well-Known Member

A tit tooter?:lol:

16. Tit4Tat

A tit pooter.:-D

17. tawiii

tawiii Guest

Frogger pretty much hit it on the head. You don't realize exactly how busy your life can be until you add something like school back in. I am not saying that it can't be done, but life's distractions are all over the place. Once you get the drive and in the groove it is a bit easier. Best of luck.

18. tawiii

tawiii Guest

I found the same to be true for me also. At 19 I was more concerned with the night life and not the books, and my grades showed it.

19. Tit4Tat

Tomorrow at 10 a.m is my big placement test. I am so excited, and nervous.

More excited.

I made really good on the I Q test. I am above average. At least I know I am not below average.

I will probably be the oldest there, maybe? oh well, they all hope they have my personality when they get to 37. hehehe...Maybe I will play tricks on the young uns...lol

20. Grammie

Grammie Guest

T4T good luck and congrats