any handymen out there that will call you back??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pbarefoot, Jun 15, 2010.

1. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

I'm frustrated! Holy handyman came out and gave an estimate but has since not returned my calls after agreeing to do the job. Can't get Anthony with Chores Galore to call me back. Does anyone know of someone who WILL call me back? I have quite a few things that need to be done, so it's good money to be made.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Stephenson Stump & Tree Service Inc - Smithfield
    Twice, said they would come to my house. Owner promised. Never showed. Waited three days.
    I had to call them three or four times. Don't remember, too ****ed.

3. thewildmom

thewildmom Well-Known Member

I have no idea where you are located, but I have contact info for someone in Raleigh. Several folks in my office have used him and consider him awesome. He does tile work, hardwoods, trim carpentry, minor plumbing stuff, etc. If you are close to 40/42, I don't think it would be a problem to get him to come out. PM me if you are interested.

4. davynchristy

davynchristy Well-Known Member

Tim Lee, 919-320-5725 & 894-8285 He comes through everytime and we have no complaints.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I second Tim Lee !!

6. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

I urge you to keep looking And to Especially Not

let Holy Handyman do your work ... unless its yard maintenance or sumpthing simple. I hired him a couple years ago & not a good job at all & very unhappy about it. If you still use him, do a Thorough Inspection of his work when he states he is done.

7. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I called Tim yesterday, 320-5725, he answered the phone, was here today and has already fixed my problem ... by 9am.

8. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

I have run into this same problem of never getting a call or e-mail back. If you are not going to ever check your e-mail or write back don't bother putting it as a means of contact.

9. pbarefoot

pbarefoot Well-Known Member

Well, Anthony with Chores Galore did finally email me back and said that he was on vaca and will call me this Sat....we will see.

10. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

My husband and I own a handyman company (not advertising). Anyhow, I always drill in to everyone that just following up and showing up makes you better than 85% of other companies. Have decent prices, do a good job, and appreciate the business and it starts to get scary!!

In my day job, I deal with lots of different vendors (property management) and NOTHING surprises me anymore with regard to lacking professionalism in one way or another.

11. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I third Tim Lee!! Good Luck!