Any hobby shops in the area?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Sep 8, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Anybody know of any hobby shops in the area (or Garner, Cary, Raleigh)

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Are you talking about a place like Michael's Craft store? I know I have picked up a few hobbies just by stepping foot in there. That place is addictive!! :shock: And not good on my pocketbook when I am bored! :lol:

3. rockyv

rockyv Guest

What would be nice is something like a Hungate's or a RC Modeler store

4. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Larry's Hobby Shop 2 miles from the Crabtree Valley Mall.

6. michelle

I'm interested in stuff like cross stitching and crocheting. My hubby is interested in RC airplanes.

Has anybody ever been to Hungates at Cary Town Center? Do they have these type of things?

7. michelle

Thanks Jay! That's just what hubby is looking for!

8. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

No problemo...

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They have all the RC stuff, model trains and such, but not crocheting, etc. Micheals is about the best place for that nearby although Walmart has a small section of yarn and patterns

10. michelle

Hmmm . . . wasn't someone on the boards looking for suggestions for a business to run? A hobby shop in this area would be perfect. It could even be a hobby shop on one side and a book store/starbucks on the other side :D

11. Atrox

Atrox Guest

Timesink Games has opened in that location, and deals in predominately tabletop games (board, card, D&D, miniatures, etc), but they do not carry models in the standard sense of the word.

http://www.timesinkgames.com