Any idea what's being built at 70 + Ricks Rd Selma?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rigmaster, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

There's a new building going up at Hwy 70 and Ricks Rd in Selma, right near the McDonald's- just west of I-95. It's the lot that used to have the Asian Buffet that was closed for a while, then they demolished it and burned the building about a year ago. It's been a vacant lot until recently.

Looks like a fast-food joint, anyone know what it might be??

Thanks!

2. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

hmmmm I saw an ad in McGee's Sheetz accepting applications for Smithfield Sheetz? Could it be they're building that? I dunno, haven't seen the location, don't get that way too much. But it would make sense, being so close to the highways.

3. Rigmaster

Nah, the Sheetz is on the "other" 70, over near Burger King and Golden Corral, close to I-95, but one exit south from where I'm asking about.

:)

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Last I heard, they were going to build a Wendy's there.

5. shawk22

shawk22 Well-Known Member

It is a Wendy's.

6. Rigmaster

Thanks for the replies. I knew it looked like a fast food place, but they don't have a sign up yet and it's not done enough for me to tell which one it was.

7. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I heard that's where the Red Lobster/Olive Garden was going. Not sure though.

8. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

The deal fell through for Olive Garden and Red Lobster.

9. Rigmaster

No big loss IMHO.

FWIW, a year or more ago there was a big sign out on this lot saying that a Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ was coming soon- but that must've fallen through too.