Any thoughts on quality auto body work

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bissielizzie, Feb 6, 2012.

1. bissielizzie

bissielizzie Well-Known Member

My mil needs to have the hood of her suv repaired (replaced) and was sent to Tru 2 Form and Haddock for estimates. She's not sure what to do the estimates are almost identical and the two shops are guaranteed by her insurance company. She decided since she will be without the vehicle for a few days to have some minor work done on the front and rear bumpers (her own expense). And as fate would have it her deductible exceeds the work covered by her insurance so basically she's paying for all of the work. She's very particular about her suv and wants it to look perfect.
    Any recommendations on someone who is really good at matching paint? Car is 6 years old but looks new.
    Thanks

2. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I just took my car to Tru 2 Form 2 weeks ago (got rear ended) and they did a great job. they were very nice and helpful and kept me updated on my car. There was a lot of work that needed to be done and my car came out better than before it was rear ended. This was the first time I've had any major work done to my car so i don't have anything to compare it to really, but i would go back and also recommend them.

3. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

LOVE's I love Love's on 42 by the walmart, across from the Thrift store/yard sale place. My wife wrecked the car, they fixed it (new and banged out) and it looked AMAZING Better than when we bought it. They washed, waxed, and polished the whole car, matched the Paint to a perfect speck, and you'd never know it was in an accident.

They are honest, dependable (when he said it'd be done, it was done) and local. No major corporate backing, so you're paying him what he's owed and not much more. I vote Love's!

4. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I second Love's. They do great work and they are nice folks too. Could not ask for better service. One of the few places left that give excelent customer service. Pat

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I just talked to Tommy about my 4runner and he seems really nice!
    going by after work today!

6. bissielizzie

Thanks for all the referrals. Tru 2 form is one of those referenced by insurance company. They were a fair price and more importantly they told mil everything they would do in great detail, so she understood from beginning to end what to expect.
    One of our neighbors referred us to Love and she went in for estimate and felt very comfortable with them and that they would do things as she wanted and that she had options. After being briefed by Tru 2 Form she felt confident to ask questions and knew what to expect from someone else.
    She hasn't decided what to do yet. But she did decide not to have Haddock do the repairs. She said their estimate was the highest (overall and for the extra things that she asked for) but mostly they didn't explain how they would prep, timeline, guarantees etc. without being asked.
    She's older and is used to having her husband handle these kind of things. But she won't ask for help from us -she wants to be independent and doesn't want to burden us; until she really has too. She's funny and German so we let her have her way for now.
    Hope this info is helpful.

7. bissielizzie

Just to follow up mil had her suv repaired at Tru 2 Form. They took excellent care of her and her suv looks like it just came off the showroom floor. She can't say enough good things about them. From the initial estimate given by Mr. Clifton and all of the follow up with her from the staff there. There was some hidden damage that wasn't visible until the car was washed at a car wash (head light seal broken) took care of it with the insurance company and got her in and out in an hour. She's very happy.