Anybody ever taken a Disney cruise?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Feb 27, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We're thinking about taking one in June for DD's graduation gift. Anybody ever been? Did you book it yourself or through an agency? Price range?

2. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

We just got back from one in Jan and we LOVED IT! We are already planning another for next year. We use Paula @ Southern Crusie Connections. She matched any online price we found and gave us an on board credit! We have one 6 year old, and it was such a great FAMILY vacation. We all had time to play & relax. It was amazing! Which cruise are you thinking of taking?

3. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Keep an eye out for Travelzoo deals. They had a Disney Cruise last year for $200 per person! It was legit. But again, they sold out very quickly. We have been wanting to go on one of these cruises for years now. Hoping to get to go one day. I hear they are so, so much fun. Enjoy it. I hear there is something for everyone. You think since they'll be 12 of us they'll give us a group rate?--LOL. Do shop around. I have heard there are just a variety of prices out there. Fantastic graduation gift btw. She'll love it.

Stephanie--mom to 7 (10 in 2010)

4. michelle

From the rates I have seen online so far, we will not be going the disney route. There's no way I can afford over $1,000 per person! That's crazy! You can go on Carnival cruises for a couple hundred per person. That's more doable for me.

5. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

We love Carnival and have been on 6 cruises with them! They are the most affordable and fancy enough for me. You will love it!!!

6. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

We have been on 6 cruises including a Disney one. They are more expensive than most others, but service, food and entertainment was milesabove the others. With or without kids one of the best cruises you can take in my opinion.

7. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Where have you been Denise? We just did the Castaway Cay & Bahamas & LOVED it! I wanna do Castaway Cay for 2 days next year.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Girl...dont go booking without me!!!

9. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

It has been a long time ago..had to think back that far but pretty sure it was Bahamas and the Cove as well.

10. icelady

icelady Guest

Vacations To Go

Try Vacationstogo.com - they are offering a 4-night cruise for $349 per person. we've used them before and they regularly have bargains from 50% to 75% off list price.

11. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Sorry, but with all the illnesses happening to cruise passengers, you couldn't pay me enough to take one right now...

12. michelle

I've been talking to Small World Travel & Tourism in Benson. They have some great rates right now.

13. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Small World and Fr(w)eddie 2nd and 3rd recommendations for sure! Call them! 894 4858. Cruises are their specialty.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010