anybody know...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Aug 13, 2012.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Of a good home remedy for a stye in the eye??? I have been applying very warm compresses to it an bought some ointment for it (pharmacist told that would work). It feels like it's working but is there anything else I can do that may be a little faster? I'd go to the doctor but funds are low..... thought I'd check with the wise people of 4042 first!!! T.I.A.!!!! :)

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Do you really think it's a good idea to solicit medical advice from this lot? :jester:

3. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

peppermint tea bag. cooling and soothing. it is what i used to help hubby, he was a fan of tis old time idea.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

A little bourbon down the throat and wait two days. :lol:

Sherry

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

You must have been peeing in a cornfield! :jester: (old wives tale) Seriously though, I had one last month and used the hot compresses. It took some time, but it worked. Woke up one morning and it had taken care of itself.

6. twisty

twisty Well-Known Member

My mother always used boric acid in very warm water compresses. I don't even know where to buy boric acid, maybe CVS or Walgreens?, but it always worked great for styes. Good luck.

7. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Thanks all! It is almost gone. I did the hot compress and the ointment. But I will remember the other stuff too...maybe it will be faster..lolol Thanks again!:)

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My family uses this as well. You can buy it at most any drug store.

Sherry

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Had several a while back due to allergies and the hot compress seemed to work the best. Used a steaming hot as I could stand it compress several times a day and they were usually gone with in a few days.

10. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

It's kinda disgusting but the ear wax from your ear. clean your ear with a q-tip then apply to your eye

11. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

Brew some tea and then put the tea bag on your eye. Always worked for us