Anyone else hate the process of buying a new car?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I have leased a car for the last 3 yrs, it been great, until next month, when the lease is up. I think this time around I am going to buy, as I cannot really find any lease that I want to go with, plus I would like to not have a car payment the rest of my life. What sucks about having a lease, is that going into the new car, I have nothing to trade in. Anyone else hate the entire process of having to buy a new car? I have good credit, and for the car I want, the payment still going to be over 500 a month. Ugh. Nothing really to say just needed to vent about the entire thing. Ugh….

2. GarnerGirl2000

GarnerGirl2000 Well-Known Member

Yes I hate it too! I think that if you have good credit that you should be able to tell the bank what kind of monthly payment that you want to make without having to put so much down!

3. Make sure you don't get a brand new car. Get one a year or two old and let someone else get soaked with the depreciation.

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Carmax has wonderful used vehicles. You could even look for the car you want on their website.

5. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

I sold cars for three years. Let me know if you need some behind the scenes advice. It's not as complicated as it seems as long as you go in armed with the right weapons.

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Find a car that has good resale value and is offered with 0% financing. If I were buying right now, I'd look at a 2010 Mustang GT, perhaps a convertible. You can get 2010s right now for 0% financing for 60 months. Plus, they are offering free routine maintenance for I think 3 years. Cars like V8 Mustangs, Jeep Wranglers and pickup trucks with larger V8s typically hold their value well. Sure, they'll depreciate but you won't be as upside down if you can score 0% financing because you're immediately paying on the sale price of the vehicle instead of interest.

7. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I write a check and walk away. Get the title 30 days later.