anyone have a good psychiatry rec?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Feb 10, 2012.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

After talking at great lenghth with my new GP he feels I could use s psychiatrist. I know there are plenty in the area, but instead of just phoning my insurance company to get a list of Providers I was wondering if anyone would like to give me a good reference. I've battled insomnia and depression along with occasional anxiety and he felt that just writing a script wouldn't be fair, which I agree with, totally. Because its a sensitive subject id be more than welcome to someone PMing me confidentially.

Any help in this is very appreciated!!

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Dr. Lawrence Raines is awesome. He was with Psychiatric Associates on NC for years but now has a private practice in Cary.
    Coped and pasted from his website: (NEW PATIENTS SHOULD CALL DR. RAINES at (919) 462-1558 to schedule an initial evaluation appointment.)

3. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

Dr Mia at essential supportive services in clayton she is awesome!

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Remember the psychiatrist can write the scripts for depression, sleeping, nerves, etc. but the psychologist will let you talk it out and find some answers. You may still need to be on meds for a while but to get the full experience you need both professionals.

Sherry