Anyone know a good plumber?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaiser soze, May 15, 2009.

1. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Well-Known Member

Any one know of a good trust worthy plumber? My well has a broken plastic piece on it that has split in two pieces and I now have a fountain in my front yard!

2. seabee

seabee Guest

Is the pipe above the ground or in the well casing..

3. kaiser soze

it's above the ground.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Randy Parks @ Parks Plumbing -(919) 553-6845 - Got Water?

5. seabee

seabee Guest

Its really an easy fix job, one you may be able to do solo. Parts available at lowes pretty cheap. Depending on the quickness needing done I could do it but as of now schedule is tight. If you have something to cut the plastic pipe ie hacksaw would work.

Of course get in your fuse box to turn off well pump.

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'll vouch for Randy Parks too. We've used him several times now and he is reliable and fair in price. If you call and tell him it's an emergency he will probably come right away-he did for our neighbor as well as us.

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I assume you cut the fountain off.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

yep must be good now, I would assume.

9. kaiser soze

Yes, I cut the power at the fuse box, & I've used vice grips (3 of them) to hold the piece of plastic together until Monday when I can afford a plummer (ie. no emergency after hours or weekend fees)
    It's working so far!

and yes seabee it looks like a fairly easy fix.

10. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for the recommendation of Randy Parks! My water heater went out. I called him last Monday at 7 AM. He was at my house by 7:45, diagnosed the problem right away. Since the WH is under the house in the crawlspace, he was able to come back later in the day and replace the WH in just about an hour at what I thought was a reasonable price.

Will definitely keep his name and number. Thanks again!!!

11. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wanted to give a shout out to Randy Parks. We called him last week because the hot water heater (under the house) was spraying water everywhere. One of the employees at our office happened to hear it...no telling how long it had been doing it. Anyway, since Mr. Parks was recommended on here, I gave him a call. He was out here within 3 hours. Within 4 hours we had a new hot water heater installed plus he fixed another leak he found under the bathroom. He charged $825 to do this. Not sure if the price was reasonable or not, but the people we lease the office from just told me to take care of it. So I did. :)

We paid Mr. Parks and were going to get reimbursed by the company we lease from. Well, they mistakenly sent the check payable to Randy Parks at his address. He was honest enough to bring the check by here today and drop it off. You don't find that much anymore!! So Mr. Parks...well done!! I will call you again if I need any plumbing on a personal or business level!!

12. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Randy Parks.. He is reliable and fair!

13. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

PARKS PLUMBING

helped me out with a water heater-the man will do what he says he will do.

14. happy128

happy128 Active Member

Same thing just happened with our water heater. I got Randy's information from here and he was very prompt, affordable and overall a nice person. Will call him if we ever have any other plumbing issues. It is really nice to find someone you feel you can trust.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We used Mr. Parks last year for some much needed work on our well. For the first time in the 12 years we've had the house, I can count on water coming out of the faucet every time. HALLELUJAH!

We had trouble with it all the time, so aggravating and we had several different ones out to work on it!

16. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Randy Parks is de man! Very prompt, competent and reasonably priced.