Anyone know the best parking for Marbles Museum/IMAX?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 2not2, Apr 20, 2010.

1. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Have to go there tomorrow on a field trip with my girls. The teacher sent home a note indicating there is very little parking on the street and I am not familiar with the area at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

When we went on a field trip there, we simply parked right behind the museum in the parking lot on East Morgan Street. You'll have to pay to park, but that's the norm of course in downtown Raleigh. If you'll go to Google Maps (or similar) and look at a satellite view, you'll see where I mean.

Are you all doing just the museum or IMAX, too? We did just the museum with kindergarteners when we went and they had a good time. Any kids older than probably second graders might be bored with just the museum. Also, make sure you pack a lunch. Marbles does not have an on-site cafeteria or grille and the nearest eateries is a Subway down the street.

3. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

We are doing the museum and IMAX with the kindergarten group. Should be so much fun! Thanks for the advice; I had already googled directions to the facility but wasn't clear on the parking.

It still amazes me that parents cannot ride with the kids on the bus...it wasn't that way when I was growing up!

4. sd214

sd214 Well-Known Member

Marbles parking

I've been there several times with my grandson. We used the parking garage a couple of times, but sometimes you can find parking nearby on the street.

5. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Wilmington Street Parking deck it is very convenient to Marbles, basically across the street (Blount St)