Anyone want to start a vanpool to RTP?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

My two co-workers & I are looking to join a vanpool. Problem is, the ones we have applied to dont want to take on any more riders even though there are available spots left.

Anyone want to start a new one? We're looking for a driver. For a 12 passenger van, the driver rides free. We will only need 9 more people to sign up.

Maybe through this thread we can gear up some interest and get one started! :)

We work off of TW Alexander Drive.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am not sure, but that many people might require a Comercial Drivers License for the driver.

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

One more seat row and it probably would in NC.

http://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/driver/commercial/
    Commercial Class A

Any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating,GVWR, of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the GVWR of the vehicle or vehicles being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.

Commercial Class B

Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more, and any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a GVWR not in excess of 10,000 pounds.

Commercial Class C

Any vehicle not described in Class A or B above but is: Designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver; or used in the transportation of hazardous materials that require the vehicle to be placarded under C.F.R., Part 172, Subpart F.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks, I knew it was close.

I basically deal in Hazmat.

5. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Yep, me too but in a limited area of interest.

6. jayNjulie

jayNjulie Member

I (Jay) work off Aviation so I possibly would be interested depending on the hours. I could drive if the stars aligned properly ;)

7. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member