appointments.....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Nov 30, 2012.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

...sigh....

If you are going to make an appointment during the week, do your best to keep it. If you are late, you may have to be rescheduled.

If you are calling to schedule an appointment, please remember that FRIDAY is NOT the only day in the week. There ARE other days. It is inconceivable to me that EVERYBODY in the area can only do business on a FRIDAY.

It boggles the mind that there will be a schedule full of people all week long and then they don't show up or they reschedule. But on Friday EVERBODY is gonna show up. Where were you on the day you were SUPPOSED to show? Yes, I know things happen and life happens... But it happens WAY TOO MUCH. So much so that it is almost uncanny. :?

(rant over)

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Toss 'em out. Their showing up to crash someone else's appt time is unfair and penalizes those who do it right.

At some point, short of a family emergency, priorities must be established and followed.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Actually if you work a regular mon thru fri job it is easier to take off on a Friday than any other day so I can understand why more appts are scheduled and shown up for on Fridays.

4. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

That's how it is anywhere.. Friday is the busiest day. You should be happy people show up at all. I don't know what type of work you're in but I'm sure if they're coming in they're spending money.. and that goes to your paycheck. =)

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Within the original post was also a part where people make appointments throughout the week, fail to show for those, and end up crashing the party on Friday.
    Granted that if you can only take Friday off, you'd make your appt for Friday.

Yet, when those folks whose appt was not on Friday crash your party, so to speak, you're getting the short end of the stick because of their actions.

FWIW, the business is a professional association that is in HIGH demand and is one of the best known and respected in their arena. Their level of customer service is well known as being on the up and up. Just as in dealing with any other professional hired to do a job, when things are pointed out as one's responsibilities to do this, and theirs is to perform X, when a person doesn't do his or her part, they can't do theirs.

Personally, I'd be real peeved if I made the appointment on a Friday and someone who has no sense of planning and execution expects me to give up my time for them, shows up. Emergencies I completely understand.

However it really falls back to military methods I was shown at Fort Bragg back in the day. "Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." and its associated corollary of the 7 P's.."micturition related poor planning promotes micturition related poor performance."