Are you a vegetarian?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by veggielady, Feb 10, 2010.

1. veggielady

veggielady Guest

I am a vegetarian, but mostly lately, closer to vegan. :lol: I'm looking to identify others in the JoCo area who might be interested in starting a monthly potluck get-together. I live in the Selma area & have set a first date of Saturday, March 6 as our initial meetup at my home. Interested in joining us? Want to know more? Send me a PM with your first name & email address or phone number and I'll contact you ASAP. Know of others who might be interested? Please pass this information on, or send me a PM about them too. Are you non-vegetarian, but would like to learn more on how to make the switch? PM me. Need to lose weight & know that a healthful diet of veggies, fruits, beans, nuts & seeds will go a LONG way to help you achieve your weight goals? PM me. No need to lose weight, but would like to be healthier, internally, and get rid of so many poor health symptoms (high blood pressure, bloated feeling, feeling tired all the time, constipation, etc.)? PM me. Want to find out about the REAL basis of some of the allergies that have been bothering you for years? PM me. COME & JOIN US!! :lol:

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

3. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You identified the problem in your first line - This is JoCo where steak is served with a side order of roast beef smothered in bbq pork. Your pot luck dinners might be lonely. You may want to check out the political section and find a few liberals, they'll try anything. Aside from that Cary might be a good place to look.

5. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

[​IMG]

Heaven on Earth.

6. BondGirl

BondGirl Guest

I like meat, but good luck in the search.

7. Cleopatra

8. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

[​IMG]

Epic Grub

9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My daughter is a vegetarian but every so often I make her eat meat because I want to make sure she has iron in her system. I am a meat eater and have a hard time cooking for her or even buying items that will be nutritional enough. Don't think she'll ever be a vegan but we both need help on what she should eat. She's leaving for college in the fall (I hope:lol:) and I want her to eat the right things.

Could you help the two of us with menus and the reasoning behind why she should eat certain things?

Sherry

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I have found that as I get older, I can mentally do without meat for a meal. However, I still like meat. As for Wilburs...I stopped there last Friday at lunch for a BBQ sandwich and half dozen hushpuppies. Best BBQ on the planet.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Actually my gastric doctor has recommended pulling way back on vegetables.

Seriously

12. veggielady

veggielady Guest

Thank you Sherri A for your serious reply.

It's easy to see who the jerks are on this board. Any replies from them will no longer be seen by me, so I won't have to see their garbage or even reply to it. :beathorse:

As for you thinking your daughter needs more iron, did you know that there are many other sources, than meat? Vegetarian sources of protein (iron) come from beans, seeds, nuts. Some vegetarians eat dairy also, so protein can be found in eggs. Most die-hard meat eaters are seriously wrong about what they should be eating; it's mostly a pure matter of habit since they were born. What mommy fed us, we continue on with until death. Some change this habit; MOST don't.

Yes, I think I could help you two. Why not come join us for the initial potluck?

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Awww poor lil baaaaaaby.....wittle fwead got picked on...

14. Cleopatra

Hey, I thought those were relevant videos.

15. veggielady

veggielady Guest

Jester: I like meat, chicken & seafood too, but I tend to feel much better when I don't indulge, so I'm vegetarian/vegan 99.9% of the time. Sometimes though, when I get in a pinch in a restaurant or a social situation......... :)

16. BondGirl

BondGirl Guest

if you think that's garbage you ain't seen nuthin honey! :lol: and wait a second...so you eat meat?

17. veggielady

veggielady Guest

Hught: Sorry to hear about that. Any particular reason? :?:

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

You are right, those guys are a bunch of jerks. They always hijack my threads and call me names.
    It was very nice to meat you.

19. veggielady

veggielady Guest

Bondgirl: Rarely.

20. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

veggielady,

I will speak with my daughter and PM you. The people responding were just having fun. Most aren't jerks so you might want to edit your post above.

You may not find many vegetarians around here but they mean no harm.

Sherry