Are You In Good Hands?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Dec 1, 2006.

1. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I have a question for all you 4042ers out there...

Who do you use for you Insurance needs?
    I am looking for new Homeowners and Auto insurance, and I am tired of getting RAKED over the coals by Nationwide.

The service sucks, and the premiums are outrageous!!

Thinking about Allstate, or maybe Geico...

What do you guys think?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I use State Farm, I've checked around periodically and haven't found anything that was enough of a reduction to warrant the headache of switching to a different carrier. But if you find a good deal, please post! :D

3. Pepper Jack

Pepper Jack Well-Known Member

Libery Mutal has been great for us. Through Fran, a hit and run, 1 uninsured motorist and 2 deer collisions I have been very satisfied.

4. Itsmeagain

Itsmeagain Well-Known Member

Our home owners and cars are with Nationwide.

5. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I just got my quote from Allstate...

510.00 per year for Homeowners, with all the trimmings and low deductibles,

but also 510.00 every six months for full coverage on both cars, with my hubby and me, low deductibles also.

Not thrilled with the auto side, seems a little high...could be wrong.
    I mean come on, we are talking about a 91 Spirit and a 2000 Taurus.
    Not exactly a Miata.

6. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Geesh! Were you ever on Hee Haw singing the "Gloom, despair and agony on me" thing? Talk about a run of bad luck.....

7. handyman66

handyman66 Guest

Allstate

I had state farm and which to Allstate. no problems. Great service
    give Carrie Lee a call at Allstate 662-7999. located behind CVS at 4042.

8. Ash107

Ash107 Well-Known Member

I have Erie Insurance and they have been great.

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I've had State Farm for over 20 years, no problems. My sister and my parents in Florida had State Farm homeowners, and were treated well after the hurricanes there.

10. le

le Well-Known Member

Ditto.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

ditto that.. and they were easy to work with after we rolled over the Explorer last year. I haven't compared rates in a while.. maybe it's time....
    I've thought about checking out Allstate Ins. for the auto, they offer that $100 credit for each year of no accidents that you have.. I don't know the limit, I'm sure there's a maximum amt. for a credit, but.. the insurance company I used to deal with in Massachusetts (Travelers Ins. Co.) used to offer a similar program, and I'd save $300-400 a year because I had a clean and accident free record.

12. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

We have had Erie for more than ten years and have been pleased with their rates and service. Thankfully we have not had to make a major claim. I have a friend who dealt with Erie after a house fire and found them easy to work with. Recently they started offering an identity theft protection service. I cannot recall all the details but they basically deal with cleaning up the mess if your identity is stolen. It was only $20 or $25 a year for this additional service.

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Call Triangle Insurance Group. (919) 553-7301. They also have office in Smithfield. Competetive rates and great agents.

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Who do they represent, i, also am looking to switch auto insurance.

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

They represent several carriers. I am with a Kemper Group company.

16. Snuffleufogous

Snuffleufogous Well-Known Member

I did a lot of research before I bought my house on homeowners and car insurance. The least expensive for cae insurance were State Farm and Geico.
    Since I have had State Farm in the past I went with them. The Clayton office never answered the phone or returned my calls, so I went with the one at 40/42. Real nice folks. Very good price on the homeowner's insurance, too.
    I have had bad eaperiences with Farm Bureau. Switched from State Farm to them once because the premiums were cheaper. Big mistake. Everything was fine until we had to file a claim for a house fire.

Snuff

17. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have had car insurance with Allstate for 15 years and homeowners with them for 6. I am very pleased and have had no probs. My mom (and dad before he passed away) were with the same insurance company and agent for 30 years as well.

18. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I ditto Allstate, I have had them all my life for auto and home and have never had a problem..My agent is in Raleigh off Six Forks so it is a bit of a drive. I second Carrie Lee at Spiridon at 4042. There is a link on the front page, she is EXTREMELY nice and helpful. Good Luck!

19. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

State Farm. I've had it for my car since 1980 and our rental/home owner's for 10 years. I've also lived in about 10 states and I have NEVER had a problem with them.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

If you want your bills coming from different companies. :?
    We changed to Nationwide. One bill!