area development questions

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by YankeeFan, May 14, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Guest

Questions about three three spots around 40/42 I've seen new construction/work going on at...
    1. New construction behind SECU... heard a rumor it's a Red Lobster. Can anyone verify?
    2. Wooded area on Old Drug St. near the 42 intersection.being cleared. Anyone know what this is for?
    3. At Old Drug Store / 50 intersection, the cut-in for a new neighborhood? has been curbed... is this finally going to be developed?

Thanks.

2. ny69

ny69 Guest

yankees suc,,, go Mets

3. smparrish

smparrish Active Member

The building behind SECU is for Cleveland School Animal Hospital. As far as the others dont know about them

S

4. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

3. Yes it is being develped for residential, approx. 45 more lots :)

That's all I got!

5. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

I found this thread trying to find the same answer... GIS shows the land is owned by "Southeastern Consortium Properties" out of West End, NC. The only thing I can find about them on Google is that they built lots of Dollar Generals back in 2004/2005. So, unless I can find something else that company builds, I'm assuming it's a Dollar General going in there.

ETA: After more Googling, I found that "Southeastern Consortium" = Allan Casavant, who is a real estate agent and owner of a bunch of Dollar Generals and Family Dollars. So, I'm sure it'll be one of those.

Oh, and it wasn't on your list, but I discovered the area between the 50/New Rand Rd split (at the intersection of 50 and Timber Dr) is going to be a Rite-Aid. Just thought I'd share.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

1. Animal Hospital
    2. Small business park
    3. Branch Woods Subdivision. 37 lots. No adjoining road into the subdivision behind it. Neighbors did not want it. Map should be recorded within 2 weeks.