AT&T/Time Warner/Sprectrum

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Question: Who is buying Time Warner?

Months ago I remember seeing commercials that Time Warner was going t be taken over by Spectrum. Even got a letter in the mail pertaining to that. Now on the news I hear that AT&T is looking to buy Time Warner. WTF

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

i think spectrum bought time warner cable. AT&T is buying the rest (warner bros, tbs, carton network etc)

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Charter bought Time Warner Cable recently. They became Spectrum.

AT&T is looking at buying Time Warner. Totally different company.

certdude likes this.
  4. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Time Warner Cable aka TWC is the ISP around here. Time Warner is a media company (owns CNN, TNT, all the other turner networks, and Warner Bros, among other things).

Dont feel bad, a lot of folks are confused, which is probably causing more bad feelings of merging than expected as folks think they just got bought and are now buying more.

5. Rockyv58

Thanks all for that information. I know I was confused. I did not think of it as two companies under one title. I thought when Charter (Spectrum) was buying TWC I thought it included everything. ISP and all the channels.

6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Auxie and Rockyv58 like this.
  7. Rockyv58

8. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

So very few cable companies "own" their content (what you think of as channels). NBC/Comcast is an exception to this. Theres a lot of dislike of this, which is why this merger, and the NBC/Comcast one was frown on so much. TWC I dont think actually owns any content, other than their news channel.

Auxie likes this.