ATTENTION Veterans! - Get your Vet status on your NC Driver's License

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kent, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

https://apps.ncdot.gov/newsreleases/details.aspx?r=9560

The NC DMV Driver's License Offices will add a "VETERAN" designation to the front of your NCOL if you show them your DD214.

The DD214 can just be a copy.

There is a $10 fee - cash or check.

Your new duplicate license will be mailed to you.

You keep your current license.

I just got my new license with my Vet designation in the mail yesterday.

The VETERAN designation is good for DISCOUNTS at stores such as Home Depot and Lowes, etc, and eliminates having to go to the VA Administration in Durham for a separate ID card.

Of course, if you are RETIRED military, your retirement ID also works.

Also, if you have NOT recorded your DD214 at your County Register of Deeds, do so! It's FREE and you will always have a convenient place to get a CERTIFIED COPY if you need it in the future, no matter where you live.

2. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

:allears:
    Lowes does not recognize this form of identification as a veteran... Just so you know...

Hitch

3. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I have been told by a Lowes employee that only a military (active duty/guard) is approved under the corporate policies for daily application, but a veterans discount is available on certain holidays. They also indicated that some stores have been a little lax in their following of the corporate policy over the years.

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

They also honor retired military and dependents of retired military anytime upon presentation of a valid ID card. This is the same policy that Home Depot has.

6. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

How does a dependent of a retired vet get an ID like this?

Sherry

7. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Yes, I left that out, thanks.

8. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

You don't. You already sponged enough on daddy. LOL:jester:

9. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

I should have clarified that a little better. If you are over 23 and not currently married to an active military member or a retired military member you are not eligible for an ID card.

10. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's the way it has always been, just wondered if something had changed.

Sherry