Audit Points to Selma Insurance Agent

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, Sep 23, 2011.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Forgery and other accusations.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/wral_investigates/story/10176001/

A Selma insurance agent linked by family and business ties to four agencies is accused of overcharging customers by more than $60,000.

According to an audit by the North Carolina Department of Insurance, Brad Cooper is the owner of Commercial and Farmers Insurance in Selma and Affordable Choice Insurance in Wendell. He and his wife, Holly Cooper, bought the agency from his in-laws, Bill and Karen Honaker. The Honakers sold Clayton Insurance to another daughter, Holly Richardson. The audit outlines how both daughters use their parents' finance company, Premium Service Inc. of Selma, for billing.

The Department of Insurance audited all four companies after getting a tip that the companies were overcharging customers. Although the family ties are many and tangled, only Brad Cooper is named in the conclusion of each audit. "It appears he has committed fraud," the audits state.

Janine and Kent Schroeder of Spring Hope were among the first customers to report suspicions about Cooper. They had transferred their home and auto policies to his Affordable Choice Insurance after an auto accident cost them their coverage.

2. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

If you do business with the squirrel, you don't have to worry about such things as this! 8)

(and I think the Richardson name is Heather, not Holly)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
  3. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

I think I have been overcharged. I use Clayton Insurance and have coupon book for Prem. Service. When I add up the payments I make in comparison to my policy, its $80 more.

4. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Clayton Insurance is one of the companies listed in today's paper that's under investigation. I would suggest you call the state Dept. of Insurance.

5. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Squirrel's Insurance here too! No issues!

6. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

USAA open to all honorably discharged veterans of active duty, national guard, and reserve status, active duty and active reserve and their family members.It's worth it to find out if you qualify. USAA member since 1978.

http://USAA.com