Autism Society of NC - Johnston County Chapter

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AutismMom, Sep 5, 2011.

1. AutismMom

AutismMom Member

Just want to let people know that the next meeting for the Autism Society here in JoCo is going to be Sept 6 at 6:30 PM at the Church @ Clayton Crossings. Free childcare is available. Anyone interested in helping support people with Autism (family members, friends, teachers, or professionals), are welcome to join us.

2. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

You might want to change the thread title to read Johnston instead of Johnson. Pat

3. AutismMom

AutismMom Member

Thanks for pointing that out Pcroom, Now if I can figure out how to fix it. :D

4. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I have a friend interested in getting more information .. but they're not on this board. Is there any contact info I can pass along? Name? Number? Website?

Thanks!

Carol

5. AutismMom

AutismMom Member

Elims -

The meetings are the first Tuesday of every month in the school year. They are at 6:30 PM at the Church at Clayton Crossing (usually we don't get started until closer to 6:45 though).

We will be having a Coffee Social Group on Friday, Sept 16th at 9:30 AM at Crossroads Coffee in Benson (at the intersection of Parrish and the railroad track).

We also have an outing to Hubbs Corn Maze on Sept 24th planned from 4 PM until ?

Feel free to have your friend E-Mail me at lg100778@yahoo.com

Autism Society of NC - Johnston County Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/115609698527614/

My Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1412380747

6. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I have a friend who has a daughter who has Autism.. She lives in Benson. Could she just show up at the meeting on Friday or does she need to sign up some where?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  7. AutismMom

AutismMom Member

no sign ups are needed for our activities. may be recommended for the Hubbs trip next week so I can send Hubbs a # and we get a group discount though. I look forward to seeing her tomorrow morning.

8. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I will pass the word onto her today... I hope she can make it tomorrow! It's a great thing you are doing here.

9. AutismMom

AutismMom Member

With Autism affecting 1 in 100 kids (as estimated by the CDC) there are enough of us out there that there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to get together and support each other. I wish I had gotten more proactive sooner when my daughter was younger; I really needed the help, but it was too hard then to find anyone to watch her or to take her anywhere. She has mellowed out some and I hope I can help others.