Bald Eagle

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Dec 8, 2012.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Has anyone else witnessed this magnificent creature near the Smithfield k mart? Saw it along Wilson Mills rd between business 70 and Booker Diary rd. yesterday. Saw it was alone, and know they mate for life. Hoping it has a partner and no one has poached the other.

2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

A pair visits Matthews road in Cleveland regularly. I've got some fine pictures. About a month ago, one sat in a tree about 60 feet from my door. They hunt fish in our pond. I think they may be nesting in the swamp nearby. They always go to the same area when scared off.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

wow thanks for the heads up i use booker dairy every day. wonder if the bridge over the river might be a good place to spot him/them

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

JR & I were canoeing on the Neuse last fall, there was a bald eagle on the bank right under the I 540 bridge. Very cool

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

It would be great if you could post some of the pictures you took of them. I love bald eagles

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I don't know how to post them. I think I can email you if you give me an address.

7. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

One of my clients brought in a picture where one had landed in a tree in his backyard last week. It was awesome.

8. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

Hey Ya'll, if you want to see some bald eagles go on a Jordan Lake Tour. We went and had a blast and got really close with great pictures. They have pics on their facebook page. It was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. They nest all over the place there.

http://jordanlake.homestead.com/

And now I'll be singing this song for the rest of the day....http://youtu.be/V0O0nzkESTI :lol: