Ballroom, Salsa, Swing, Shag, Latin, Country-- what do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DancerRaquel, Mar 1, 2010.

1. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

Hello! I am a local instructor who is trying to get a feel for what kinds of dances would be popular in the area. My goal is to have a new studio opening in the area within the year and I want to offer classes that YOU would want to take.:-D

I would also love to hold large monthly/weekly dances where everyone can get together and have a great time dancing. Would this interest you as well?

So- what are your thoughts? Waltz, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz, Tango, Quickstep, Rumba, Cha Cha, Salsa, Bolero, Swing, Shag, Country 2 Step, Nightclub 2 Step, Merengue, Bachata???

I also have been running a line dance class and a cardio fitness class for the past few months which seem to be popular.

Thanks for your input!

2. 4&Counting

4&Counting Guest

Tango
    Rumba
    Mambo
    Waltz
    Swing

I took classes for these dances for a while and loved it, but it got very pricey so I couldn't continue.

3. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

Were these dances American style? Or internat'l style? I am assuming mambo and swing were American style... but what about rumba and waltz?

Thanks for the reply! Price- that is one of the reasons why people do not continue. For some reason, some teachers give you an initial price and then that amount increases! I do not get it! I am trying to work my business where it is affordable for you to keep continuing to dance. My business is not based on high dollar packages and contracts!!

I love rumba! What a great dance...

Thanks for the input... I am going to keep a tally and your suggestions in mind.

4. 4&Counting

4&Counting Guest

Shoot...I have no idea about the style. It was a while ago when I decided if some of those celebrities on Dancing with the Stars could do it I could give it a try and it was a blast. And I wasn't too shabby except I hated watching myself in the mirror. :oops: I'll look forward to hearing about if I can afford to take up lessons again! Do these packages include a hot latin partner? Just wondering ;)

5. DancerRaquel

DancerRaquel Guest

LOL!! The hot latin partner.. hmm.. well, that is the goal in the future. But, for now, you will be stuck with a 5'6" blonde woman!-- Who is a great leader, by the way ;)

6. 4&Counting

4&Counting Guest

eh, I'm not picky. May actually be more comfortable that way. I have never had a leg so far between a strange man's legs before I started the Tango lesson...and then there was the Rumba. LOL!

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Horizontal.

Someone had to say it.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Very funny!

Sherry