BASF coming to Raleigh...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Jan 18, 2012.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I wish!!

I am the internal auditor for 3 divisions of BASF based in the USA (Unfortunately not Plant Sciences), and I could see my employment possibilities expand drastically if the rest of BASF pulled out of Germany!

3. AnnetteL

I even heard it on the local news today ;) but you're right,i doubt that it will be all of BASF.

4. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Anybody else find it ironic the reason Crop Sciences is leaving Europe is because they do not want GMO products.

I don't want them either!

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

All for them myself, and as anyone who has seen me in real life will vouch for, I treat my body as a temple! :mrgreen:

The hatred for GMO product is pretty wide spread. I remember working at the Headquarters with one of the main "GMO" leaders in this country as they went into lock down for bomb threats. Pretty scary!!

The CEO's for these organizations have huge security details wherever they go (not to the degree of the President but pretty surprising) and it was pretty wild auditing these folks.

6. AnnetteL

Well,that's why I posted it,the irony is that they will be able to do the research here instead.

7. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

I am sure that the GMO companies want to push it.......

Grow something with heirloom seed and save it.... Repeat for 20 years. That package of seeds that cost $3.00 over 20 years....

Grow something with GMO seed and buy new GMO seed every year. That package of seed that cost $25 every year for 20 years....

Wonder why they want to patent a seed and control the market.....

8. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

BASF....they don't just make the seed.....they make it more expensive.

:lol: