Basil

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Jun 8, 2011.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Anyone want some basil plants? Every year that stuff comes back and multiplies and multiplies, i really need to thin it out for it to grow good, i love using it but i can only use so much ya know:lol:

2. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

I used to have an Uncle named Basil... or Baysel... or something like that. Man used to love beef jerky and cheerwine. He used to pick up ladies at Roses where he worked and would brang em by the house to show em off.

He once had so many animals on his property that the Chattham County animal countrol paid him a vist once and they had to call for back-up.

I remember laughing at him as a kid 'cause he had to sound out the words on a stop sign. He’s the only person I know of that passionately tries to defend them mountain fellas from the movie Deliverance. Also, He'd smack you square in the mouth for taking the Lord’s name in vain and for saying anything bad about his mamma (granny) or John Deere.

Thanks for the thread and the memories.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Rich, you crack me up! Thanks for your refreshing posts!

Kaci, I'd love to have some. I had some pesto for the first time not long ago and I'd like to try my hand.:cheers:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

cool, i'll dig ya some up and we can meet up on 42 tomorrow or i can run them by your office at lunch time tomorrow.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

6. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

I would love some if you still have it. I am trying to get a little herb garden going.

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

we once had a basil plant that turned into a basil bush that the only way we could get rid of it was to totally dig it up and throw the thing away.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sure, are you in the 4042 area during the day? My office is right down at the Lowes Foods Plaza next to the pharmacy. i can bring some to work with me tomorrow if that works for you.

9. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I would love some as well if you still have some!

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sure, i'll just dig a good bit up and bring to the office tomorrow so stop on by anytime.

11. sarahmama

I will come down there tomorrow and get some. Which office are you in?

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

It's Ste 210, right next to the Johnson's Pharmacy which is right next to Ace Hardware - see you tomorrow/kc

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

kdc got her's and Sarahmama and MamaApe i will be here until 4pm, early close on Fridays. If you can't make it just let me know and i will take the rest next door to the pharmacy and dig some more for Monday.

14. sarahmama

I'm sorry, I couldn't get motivated today. Worked all night the last 2 nights. I can definitely come by on Monday. Let me know.

15. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to worry about having too much now. I have such a black thumb that me just reading about your basil plants should kill them, LOL!

Mmm, I love basil! I just have to buy it in the store or at the produce stand. :)

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Hey folks, if you still want some let me know today and i will bring it tomorrow to work - Thursday & Fri i will be pretty much out of the office.

17. sarahmama

OMG.....I just realized I forgot to come get the basil. If you still have some at the office, I will run by. Let me know.

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sorry, i didn't bring it with me today cause i didn't hear back from anyone:cry: We can try for next week if that is ok with you, just pick a day and i will dig it up the night before.

19. sarahmama

That's perfect. I am off most of the week.