Bathroom Heater/Light?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Dec 8, 2010.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

We thought about one in our new bathroom but went Simple - a small space heater. Much less trouble to operate on the short term (say 3-4 months) for 1 hr +/- a day.

Heat Lamp Bulbs were $$$ and just not all that great.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Space heaters scare me. Especially using them at night when everyone is asleep or when nobody is home. There was a house fire yesterday that was the result of a space heater; nobody was home but they lost several dogs in the fire.

4. AnnetteL

No space heater here since the builder neglected to install a electrical outlet in the bathroom :x

5. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

We had one in our house in FL, and it def got the bathroom toasty warm! A little too warm for FL standards, but would prob be great for here. DH and I have spoken about getting them.

6. AnnetteL

Thanks! Would you mind letting me know where you bought it at and what name brand?
    Thanks in advance!

7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Oh I have no clue, it was in the bathroom when we bought the house, sorry :(

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

No outlet in the bathroom? How do you blowdry your hair? I thought these things were code these days?

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Excuse me, what is hair?

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Well, well, how do you recharge your shaver?

11. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

It's that stuff that slid off the top of your head and down your back.

12. AnnetteL

We've got one of those bathrooms where the sink/mirror is in one room along with the outlet on the right hand side while the toilet and tub are in the next room separated by a door ;)

13. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Oh Ok, makes sense now. LOL... My last house was the same way with the bathroom set-up like that. Then get yourself an extension cord mister and plug it into the spaceheater and plug into the nearest outlet, or does you door go all the way to the floor and that is not an option? tee hee hee.......................