BBQ grill repair needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cosmicvagabond, Feb 13, 2010.

1. cosmicvagabond

cosmicvagabond Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who might do repairs on BBQ grills? I have a nice grill that needs repairs and I have no idea who might do that sort of thing.

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

What kind of work is needed? Welding, hoses, etcetera?

3. cosmicvagabond

The burners are all rusted out and need replaced, plus, the hardware that holds the burner tubes in are all rusted and I'm not able to get it loose to replace the burners.

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I can't with that other than to say I now that Lowe's hardware sells some of those components.

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Is this like a pig cooker or just a smoker or regular grill?

6. TVfan

TVfan Active Member

We have a stainless steel gas grill we bought from Lowes, can't think of the name at this moment. Our burners rusted and we called the 800 number for customer service on the instruction book and she told us there was a lifetime guarantee and they immeditately sent us new burners by UPS at no charge. About a month later we got a thermastat also for no charge. So call the company that makes it and try them before you spend any money.

7. cosmicvagabond

Yep, mine is one of those sold at Lowe's that had so many troubles with burners. It's not so much getting the parts as changing them out. I'm not super technically inclined and I would have trouble getting the parts out that are rusted and stripped.

And to the earlier poster, its your regular propane grill.

And TVFan, do you still have that 800 number?