Be alert - possible burglars near 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Judge Smails, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

This was posted on a 40/42 yard sale site earlier today. Just wanted to pass it on so folks can be aware. I did not post it, just copying what was posted.

"Please be careful 2 toned gray astro van older , said they were selling vacuums . This is a scam ! Do not give access tried at my home ! I told them through the door I have attack dogs and I was calling police . Live near Cleveland Elementary , On McLemore Rd . They are black males , one is tall and thin , they will case your home and rob!"

2. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

I was at DR Wells getting gas when this van pulled in, a JoCo I know pulled in behind them he said a call was made on them. There were more than 2 people in the van I counted 4 that got out.

jesse82nc likes this.
  3. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

I hate solicitations, and I am the first to be suspicious, but what exactly made you think they were using the vacuum pitch as a ruse for theft? Because they were black?

I've had more than one vacuum solicitation. I told them to eff off through the door, not because I thought they were going to rob me, but because the Kirby sales pitch is as tired as an old Astro and I don't appreciate unsolicited solicitations

Someone called the cops on them, so that must mean they are guilty of attempted robbery. Great one guys.

These gossipy "must be true because my neighbor told me so" tall tales reek of racism and soap opera esque rumors and silliness that makes us look like a community of bored old rednecks.

Thanks for keeping our rep up

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

What's racist about saying what color they are? That the only card you have in your deck, dumbass?

michelle likes this.
  5. lawnboy

lol, no......descriptions are important when filing a report, however the initial post claims this is a scam - how exactly was she scammed? She wasn't robbed, her only reason for claiming it is a scam is because a vanload of black males came to her door. Read between the lines.......no need to be an angry white male about it......genius

6. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

You must be the racist. Who told you I was white?

7. lawnboy

You're not? ;-)

Ok, this thread has outlived its usable life and initial purpose