Best Buy and Computer Optimization

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I am not suprised in the least. We bought DS a laptop (incredible buy) through Office Depot. The sales person tried to sell us a similar song and dance, but we didn't bite. Not nearly as hard a sell as what some of those folks in that article had though. Optimization...................LOL.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

laptops are about the only thing worth buy an extended warranty for......as for optimization...that is a crock.

4. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Doesn't amaze me at all. If I absolutely, positively, have to go to Best Buy for an item I ask for a condom when I see the greeter.

Before this bad economy people just paid their dumb charges. Now that times are tough they don't want to pay. They created the monster and now, all of a sudden, their upset???

I'm baffled that people actually use the Geek Squad. It's $130 just to come to your house to tell you what's wrong. It's $300 for total service with repair.

5. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

At those prices, may as well buy a new computer!

6. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Stuff4Office on Main St., Clayton is the only place I will have a laptop/pc repaired. They are honest, reliable, and have reasonable prices, not to mention doing business there is supporting a local business! :)

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Two months after our extended warranty ran out on the Toshiba television we have sound but just one white line on the screen. Cost to fix is as much as a new television. They told me that it is not the tube but sounds like something (wiring) came loose inside. Lucky me.:rolleyes:

Sherry