Best Ford dealership for service

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ginger1989, Jun 14, 2010.

1. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

I know there are a few within 20 or so miles, but I need to get an estimate to get my a/c "fixed". I have already tried to get it done locally and it still doesn't work. I was told my best bet would be a dealer at this point. I have an appt. with Capital but can change if there is one that is better.
    TIA :)

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've used Capital and Crossroads and had mixed results. A tech at Capital nearly cost me an engine one time. Of course, it would've been their costly mistake. Classic seemed to overprice me on an estimate for work one time and they told me I needed a wheel alignment even though it had just been aligned at tire store that I trusted. I've also used the dealership in Goldsboro satisfactory in the past (now Deacon Jones), but that's kinda far to go unnecessarily.

I will tell you this...I went to Danny's on South Bright Leaf (beside the Farm Bureau office) and they were helpful, friendly and didn't sock it to me for the work they did. It cost under $400 and it went from blowing warm air to ice cold. If you're talking non-warranty work, I'd try a independent service center that is recommended by others and you'll probably come out saving some dough.

3. ginger1989

ginger1989 Well-Known Member

That's my problem. I have already spent a ton of money and the parts (compressor, condencor, ertc.) should be warranteed, but it still doesn't work and the place that tried to fix it the first time wants me to pay again to re-fix it. Someplace new is not going to honor another mechanic's warranteed parts and I do not have 3000 dollars to start from scratch. I am so frustrated that I have spent over 2 grand on it already and it doesn't work. I don't konw that I even trust that the original place CAN fix it. I have a friend who took their car and has the exact same problem and has been told the same thing. They just gave up and will live with it until they can trade it in.
    I just don't know what to do. My poor kids aren't going to have much of a summer if we can't go anywhere in the 100 degree weather.
    What a racket.

4. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

What's the normal charge to just have your a/c "Charged"?

5. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Call the guy I suggested and see if he can help.